Monday, June 19, 2006

Eclipse Crossword

I came across a terrific crossword generator the other day from eclipse. Their blurb states: It's never been simpler—just give EclipseCrossword a list of words and clues, and it does the rest. In seconds, you'll have a crossword puzzle with just the words you want. The application installed fine and I had a crossword running easilly, to have a look follow this link. Being able to publish a crossword in html format, means I can and will use it as part of my Moodle courses. The application is produced by Green Eclipse, their site is well worth a look, so I have dropped the icon into my vle resource list on the right of this blog.

5 Comments:

Blogger OLima said...

Hi,
I wonder if you could give me a hint about this Eclipse Crossword. After generating your new crossword, what steps do you need to take to insert it in your Moodle course in order to make your students play or solve it? Thanks a lot. Octavio Lima, Portugal

3:06 AM  
Blogger Barrys said...

Hi otlima, I downloaded a content packager called exe you can get it from this link http://exelearning.org/
I packaged up the crossword and installed it as a Scorm in Moodle. The exe site has a good video by way of introduction and the software is friendly to use. Good luck and please let me know how you get on.

regards Barry

8:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

I wanted to try this, but am not sure exactly how you package the crossword in an eXe SCORM. Do you use the Java applet or a javascript page? If the latter, do you just copy/paste the code from Eclipse Crossword into the editor of an iDevice in eXe? I tried that, but it only saved the "javascript is turned off" message - not the crossword itself!

Also, is there any way to pass the results of the student's crossword solving through the SCORM and into his/her Moodle grades?

7:59 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Hi Barry, I am using EXE and moodle. fairly new to both. I also found eclipse and have set up some great crosswords but can't seem to load them into moodle or EXE. I would be really grateful if you could expand a little more on how you do this. I cannot get the applet to work at all.

10:47 AM  
Blogger shambu said...

embedding clipse crossword in to exe.

in eclipse go to save as webpage tab->save it as interactrive with javascript.. open the saved file in any browser.
in browser go to view source, select all and copy,

in exe,
take idevice freetext-> in the editor click on html source edit button -> paste the contents in to html -> click update

now you can see your crossword running in exe.. you may try same in moodle..

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home