Tuesday, September 27, 2005

And the big question is?

Moodle is certainly being used by staff and students now, I took a quick look at the logs beginning from the first teaching week and we have some 14000+ records, not bad considering we are still only running at 260 users in total. The thing for me now is to begin assessing the impact of content. Its Ok to upload your class documents but that’s not in itself going to exploit the potential of a VLE with respect to addressing the issues of widening participation and extended classrooms. For that materials need to be more engaging than those static handouts, and so I am preparing some questionnaires on the new material for students to complete, and its the outcome of this that will ultimately separate the VLE from a Course Management System; my distinction, and I guess cred.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home